Thailand’s plan to reopen the country for tourists begins on November 1, 2021. Before November, all travelers entering Thailand were required to undergo Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) upon arrival. In line with the country’s reopening, Thailand announced the requirements for Thai and foreign travelers entering the country from November 1st and beyond.
No Quarantine Requirements for 46 Low-Risk Countries
Travelers must have spent at least 21 days in an approved country below before departure. The list of approved countries by the Thai government is expected to grow in December and January.
- Brunei Darussalam
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Hong Kong
In addition, travelers must take an RT-PCR test no more than 72 hours before arrival. Furthermore, they are required to take an RT-PCR Covid-19 test upon arrival and stay 1 night at a certified SHA+ or ASQ hotel while they wait for the RT-PCR Covid-19 test results.
No Quarantine Requirements for Sandbox
Fully vaccinated travelers from the excluded countries on the list can also travel to Thailand through the Sandbox program. They are required to stay a minimum of 7 nights at a SHA+ certified hotel before being allowed to travel to other provinces in Thailand.
Quarantine for Non-Vaccinated Travelers
Travelers who are not fully vaccinated need to undergo a 10-night mandatory quarantine in an ASQ or AQ hotel before being able to travel within Thailand.
Thailand Pass Requirements
- Certificate of Covid-19 vaccines
- Thailand Pass Insurance certificate with 50,000 USD coverage for Covid-19
- Booking confirmation for ASQ or SHA+ Hotel
- Copy of Thai visa if necessary
Why you should plan the end of the year in Thailand
- Travel restrictions became more lenient
- Traveling to Thailand became easier
- No quarantine requirements
- Curfew will be lifted, and bars and nightlife venues will open
- Improved Covid-19 situation
- Many hotels offer good deals
Apply for Luma Thailand Pass
Travelers entering Thailand are required to purchase an insurance policy that includes Covid-19 coverage up to 50,000 USD. The period of insurance coverage must meet or exceed your visa period. Luma Thailand Pass is a travel insurance policy that satisfies all entry and visa requirements.
- Meets the 50,000 USD requirement
- Coverage for Covid-19 and other medical expenses
- Apply online, receive the certificate within 10 minutes
- Well-acknowledged by embassies and consulates around the world
Learn more about Luma Thailand Pass Insurance or fill the below form to get in touch with our consultants.